Fruit Ninja Kinect (Xbox 360 Kinect)
Posted by Christophor Rick (TheSuperGuido), Aug 29, 2011 22:39
Whew! Fruit Ninja Kinect, from Halfbrick, is a work out. Good news everyone! You can now get fit while chopping fruit. If you haven’t played Fruit Ninja in any form yet, I imagine it’s because you’re still playing Angry Birds right? This is another game in the very simple game mechanic style but offers up loads of fun.
Fruit flies up onto the screen, your goal as a Fruit Ninja (trust me, I’m a Ninja) is to slice it in half. In the Kinect version, you do so with your own body parts. In previous versions it was merely a swipe across a touch screen, which I can’t see being anywhere near as much fun as this is.
Fruit Ninja Kinect expands upon the previous mobile versions in several ways. The game offers a couple modes of play:
- Party - Team Arcade and Battle modes, both are two player co-op and competitive respectively. No game ending bombs, one minute, -10 point bombs, high score wins
- Classic - Standard fruit ninja with 3 strikes and game ending bombs.
- Zen - No bombs, no specials, just 90 seconds of flying fruit to get the high score
- Arcade - No game ending bombs, one minute, -10 point bombs, beat high score
- Challenges - These vary and all stem from the other modes with time limits, score goals, etc.
Scoring is done by one point for one fruit but getting 3 or more in a single slice will double the score and there is also a critical slice which is worth 10 points but I was unable to figure out how to do that consistently and there was no help on the matter. In some modes there are game changers like freeze, frenzy and double score bananas which do pretty much what they say, with frenzy meaning a whole lot of fruit at the same time.
Rating: 0.0, votes: 0