New Features Go Live on Wizard101
Posted by GDN Staff, Apr 13, 2009 08:16
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. has announced today a Wizard101 game update with features that include new spells, a Training Points Buyback system, and a Quest Helper.
The new features now live in the 3D virtual world include:
New High Level Spells
- For level 48+ players, a new spell card for each of the seven schools of magic is available through a quest, with a special surprise for those that succeed. See your professors to get started!
Training Point Flexibility
- See Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court for buying back your training points with Crowns (Wizard101’s micro transaction currency). With this new feature, Wizards may buy back the training points they used and spend them on different spell cards.
- Stuck on a quest? No more! Find help by going to your Quest Journal and highlighting the desired quest. The yellow arrow on your screen will guide you to your quest.
Player vs. Player Rewards
- PvP Master Diego has new rewards, including a new pet, for those that excel in the Player vs. Player Arena.
- The Friends Panel now allows you to identify best friends and family members with a star in the Friends List. Click on a star next to a player name to select (favorite) or un-select (not favorite) other players. Best friends will rise to the top of the list alphabetically and appear in light purple.
- Wizard101 was designed with the safety of young players in mind. The game contains no blood, and characters don’t die if they are defeated in a duel of spells-they simply go to a safe area in the game to regain health. The game was awarded a 2008 Parent Tested Parent Approved Media Seal of Approval. Wizard101 is rated E10+ by the ESRB. Anybody with a Windows based PC can play the Free-to-Play areas of the game for as long as they like. KingsIsle lets players choose subscription or microtransaction methods for advanced content. Family plan subscriptions are $6.95 per month and general subscriptions are $9.95. Micropayment zones give permanent access to particular streets or areas within the game for as little as a $1.
Rating: 0.0, votes: 0