The sixth installment of Big Fish Games’ popular Mystery Case Files (MCF) series, Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove (http://www.mysterycasefiles.com/games/diregrove), will be available on November 25, 2009 as part of a Collector’s Edition package ($19.95), while the standard version ($6.99) will be released in early December.
Exclusively available to Big Fish Game Club members, the Collector’s Edition launches several weeks early and includes secret bonus levels, additional puzzles, and other extras. Specifically, the Collector’s Edition includes:
- Full version of MCF: Dire Grove;
- Bonus Gameplay – a series of in-game tasks found only in the Collector’s Edition gives players access to hidden content and additional hidden-object scenes. Some achievements can be earned on the first play-through, while others require multiple attempts;
- Early Access – available for download before the release of the standard version in early December;
- Strategy Guide – contains the official walk-through, plus extra video outtakes, concept art, screenshots and desktop wallpapers.
The game begins with the discovery of an abandoned rental car on the side of the road during a freak snow storm and goes on to include approximately 10-15 hours of interactive gameplay that includes hidden objects and puzzles, as well as a gripping storyline. For the first time in an MCF game, much of the Dire Grove storyline is told through film, with players finding tapes scattered around the town of
- Note: The $19.99 Collector’s Edition is offered as a “Buy Only” special release (coupons and credits will not apply), available for Game Club members only. For those who are not in a hurry and do not want to pay for the extras, the standard version of the game with a free trial and normal $6.99 price will be released in early December when it is completed.