Posted: 16 Mar 2012 02:43 PM PDT
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 Windows release includes:
Windows 7 and Windows Vista support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit.
- Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4.
Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications
- Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
- Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications.
- Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications).
AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
- Custom resolutions – users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations.
- Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile.
- HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference.
- Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Tom Clancy HAWX with Crossfire™ and Eyefinity enabled.
- Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 3 in a Tri-Crossfire setup.
- Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Dragon Age 2 with Crossfire and Vsync enabled.
- Skipping the in-game cinematics when running Dragon Age 2 in DirectX 11 mode no longer causes random stuttering.
- The Battleforge DirectX 10.0 benchmark no longer experiences intermittent crashes when run in Tri-Crossfire mode.
- Random flickering is no longer observed when playing Battlefield – Bad Company 2 in DirectX 11 mode.
- Playing back h.264 interlaced BluRay content no longer displays intermittent green flashing.
- The system no longer experiences random hangs when playing back BluRay 3D content in Duplicate mode.
- Starcraft II no longer experiences random system crashes when exiting a campaign in certain Crossfire configurations.
- Batman – Arkam City no longer experiences intermittent system crashes when run in DirectX 11 mode.
- Changing Crossfire settings no longer causes a random system crash.
- A system crash is no longer experienced when playing Rage with Crossfire enabled.
- Crysis Warhead and Battlefield – Bad Company II no longer experience random crashes in certain Crossfire configurations.
- Playback of BluRay 3D content now correctly uses hardware acceleration.
- Random texture corruption is no longer displayed when playing Dirt III in DirectX 11 mode and with anisotropic filtering applied.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- Windows Aero options are available after installing the driver.
- Background textures in World of Warcraft Cataclysm no longer experience random flickering in some Crossfire and Eyefinity configurations.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
- Alan Wake - Enabling CrossfireX can cause corruptions or hangs. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
- Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
- Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.
- A black screen may be displayed when running Civilization V in certain Eyefinity configurations.
- Playing Far Cry 2 at high in game settings may generate a system hang.
- Poor performance may be experience when playing Dirt 3 in DirectX 11 mode at low resolutions with Crossfire enabled.
Known issues under the Windows XP operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows XP operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
- The system may hang when playing Dirt 3 at maximum in-game settings.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 02:27 PM PDT
• Added St. Marc to Demolition mode.
• Added and set quick match to cs_Italy
• Added de_dust2_se. See blog for details.
• New weapons: Famas, Galil AR, P250, Dual Berettas
• Demolition mode update
• Match now consists of two 10 round halves
• Weapon progression updated:
- CTs: m4a4, p90, ump45, deagle, nova, fiveseven, hkp2000, ssg08, awp, awp
- Ts: ak47, p90, bison, deagle, nova, tec9, glock, ssg08, awp, awp
• Added My Awards – Achievements & Stats
• Updated alerts animation
• Games with a half-time now display that it’s the last round before halftime
• Fixed final round not being called out in games with two halves
• Fixed player getting a weapon upgrade on the last round before half-time/teamswap
• Fixed some bugs where involving bot takeover scenarios
• Fixed death message icon order - not penetration icon show up before the headshot so it makes sense in chronological order
• Fixed some bad defusing text when spectating
• Fixed "YOU ARE ON TEAM" panels not fading out properly
• Fixed same panels not toggling visibility properly when toggling the scoreboard
• When a CT is defusing, his ID shows the defuse icon now
• Fixed scoreboard not showing from team selection menu
• Restored ability to see when you unlocked an achievement on PC
• Along with the hint, weapons now click when you change modes
• Fix to not display the cash award message in the following cases:
• The round just prior to halftime has ended.
• It is not currently halftime
• It is not the last round of the match (including the clinch victory early situation)
• Space bar now changes camera mode and navigation text has been updated accordingly
• Update to Match Set Up screen
• Fix for PC video settings defaulting to COUCH
• Modified "Playing on Team..." panel.
• Visual update to mini-scoreboard
- Fix bug that allowed player to hop near wall and see into inaccessible area - replaced some nodraw brushes with textures to help fix these holes.
- Fixed bug where player clip limits jumping -removed player clip that was preventing them from jumping the full height.
• Dust 2
- Fixed bug where player can toss bomb out of reach.
- Fixed bug where clip preventing jumping.
- Fixed bug where player was able to see out of map. -added some simple tops to this geometry.
- Fixed bug where player can hop near wall and see into inaccessible area.
- Fixed bug where clip limits jumping.
- Tree models were optimized
- Fixed bug where player gets stuck on the physics prop model of lumber, changed this to static props
- Increased the fade distance at which some of the bushes fade
- Nav fixes
- Fixed being able to get stuck between rock & shed.
- Adjusted start position of the upstairs doors into the bedroom and bathroom so there is better flow into those spaces.
- Adjusted some tree cards in the skybox, and perimeter.
- Pulled out a couple unneeded tree models in the 3dskybox to help with perf.
- Draw distance for the floaties in the water seems too near.
- Adjusted fog per community feedback.
- Tightened up collision volumes for Inferno Objects bomb crate, bomb crate stack, and bomb tanks
• Disabled unused sound entries. Adding back in two sets of bullet surface impacts.
• Added semi-auto to auto switch sound
• Ambient sound adjustments for dust, dust2, and Italy
• Sound effects tuning
• Pulled down volume of ammo pickup that’s played at round start.
• Pulled bell attenuation back to normal levels, only hear in and around terrorist spawn, no longer level wide.
• Increased life on helicopter from 15 to 25 seconds, for chopper fade out.
• UI timer click down to .35 volume
• Grenade visibility - added self illum to colored stripe on thrown flashbang.
• Tune effect for the C4’s flashing indicator light.
• Removed forearm slap, times and remixed clip out wave
• Tune Terrorist run - Work on the arms and weapon.
• Fix crouch fire leg wiggle in Terrorist aim
• Fix for crouchwalk finger popping, found that stand had a sliding finger, now stabilized in Terrorist aim
Other Bug Fixes
• Fix for spawning inside another player after halftime.
• Fixing CSM entity related bug that could cause CSM shadows to be disabled when toggling between fullscreen and windowed when connected to a dedicated server.
• Fixing red console errors with props that were set to use VPhysics, but have no collision hull.
• Fixed bug where the main menu could be clicked through the custom game menu (resulting in both being drawn)
• Cleaned up warnings in single player screen
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 12:25 PM PDT
Space Ark is a fun arcade/puzzle game with a hint of retro arcade flavour. Your team of animal ‘Arkonauts’ has escaped your once peaceful solar system, which has been shattered by a wandering black hole, and are now looking for new places to live. Fly across the galaxy on a mission to repair the damaged worlds.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 11:57 AM PDT
-Fixed survivors being able to climb some infected-only ladders
No Mercy 1 – Apartments:
-Survivors should no longer be able to fall into the street-level infected-only area from the starting rooftop -Players should no longer be able to drop down onto the invisible brush at the corner.
-Survivors should no longer be able to incapacitate themselves by jumping toward the electric box prop opposite the starting rooftop. It should now be fatal
No Mercy 2 – Subway:
-Players should no longer get stuck when in the back corner underneath the starting safe room -Survivors should no longer be able to jump onto the tiny ledge on the side of the building following the door/generator event -Made the piano near the ending safe room into a an immobile, static prop to solve an issue with infected players using it to block the safe room.
No Mercy 3 – Sewer:
-Survivors who somehow manage to get on top of the gas station should no longer be able to leave the map.
-The work light at the mid-way point in the sewer is now an immobile, static prop to solve an issue with infected players using it to block survivor progress.
No Mercy 4 – Hospital:
-Added the missing "breakable" decals to the breakable wall in the second part of the stairwell.
-Made the breakable wall in the second part of the stairwell breakable to all infected.
-Survivors should no longer be able to enter the infected-only vents and passages above and near the elevator event.
-The two tank-only breakable walls in the upper, under construction floor into can now be broken by any infected.
No Mercy 5 – Rooftop:
-Added several props to cover and remove an invincible spot on one of the lower tiers of the rescue rooftop.
Cold Stream 4 – Cut-throat Creek:
-Fixed infected not being able to path to survivors when standing in the boat near the tank fight.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 11:55 AM PDT
Cubemen is a fast paced, action packed, original 3D Tower Defense game that mixes TD with RTS in single player & online multi-player awesomeness! Get ready for some crazy Cubemen action! It’s the age old struggle between Good vs Bad, Blue vs Red, Little men vs Little men. Use your own little Cubemen to defend your base from other little Cubemen that are trying to run it over. It’s the usual story, but with many very interesting twists.
*Offers ends Friday March 23rd 10AM PST.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 10:39 AM PDT
Join the amazing exploits of astro-miner John Rochard and embark on a gravity-bending journey across the Solar System! Rochard is an award-winning side-scroller featuring hours of mind-blowing gravity gameplay, puzzle-solving and action. Narrated in a humorous cartoony style, Rochard tells a thrilling story of villains, a damsel in distress and a mysterious alien civilization.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 10:05 AM PDT
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 10:01 AM PDT
Help expose the talent and craftsmanship found across the Steam Workshop by creating collections of mods or items that you feel work well together or to highlight content you think other people should pay attention to. Numerous artists and fans have already created quite a few collections of the incredible items submitted to the Workshop for Team Fortress 2. And PC Gamer was eager to jump in and put together a couple collections for Skyrim, highlighting their favorite Improvements and New Content.
PC Gamer also recently posted a nice write up detailing the forthcoming Portal 2 puzzle creator and integration with the Steam Workshop. When the Portal 2 beta concludes, and the world can begin happily creating their own test chambers, you’ll be able to use collections to create playlists of Portal 2 maps that you think are awesome or that should be played in a certain order.
Be sure to join the Official Steam Workshop Community Group for the latest news and announcements.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 09:58 AM PDT
The Grand Finale of the greatest adventure! Decide the fate of a civilization in this triumphant final chapter to the Myst saga. Embark on an epic journey into the heart of a shattered empire as the only explorer who can still save it— or destroy it with the wrong choices.
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 08:55 AM PDT
- Fixed some enemy using wrong combination of pants and shoe meshes
- Fixed Sightcones not being cleared properly when leaving a level
- Fixed Sightcones displayed in wrong direction when moving in command mode
- Shader bug fixed that caused incorrectly colored objects
- Fixed bug where tank had impact on performance
- Fixed smoke grenade (blocking sight and its visual effect duration were slightly different)
- Fixed bug where recruitable PCs like Ira became not recruitable after leaving the map
- Fixed bug where AI coud become unalterted again after saving & loading
- Added additional Weapon and Ammo IDs
- Sight distances made more easy to modify
- Noise made more easy to modify
- Fixed bug where "She’s dead, Enrico" achievement would not unlock correctly
- Collect achievements are not anymore received when game has been modified
Visuals and Graphics Options added
- Launcher does not anymore check for vertex shader texture fetch, prohibiting older cards to start the game although they feature SM 3.0
- Added Distance based culling for small objects
- Added "Very High" terrain quality option in ingame menu
- Added View Distance as option in ingame menu (determines distance fog position)
Gameplay Fixes and Changes
- Civilians and potential militia recruits do not trigger mines anymore
- Children will try to maintain a minimum distance from player characters to ensure they do not clog doors or passages when following the player around the map
- Noise perception influenced by objects that cover the origin of the sound
- Enemy perception tweaked, enemies can now see and hear slightly better which will make it more likely that they use their weapon range to full extend (e.g. enemies with rifles will open fire from a greater distance)
- Enemy sight cones in 2D displays in addition to 3D Cone to make more clear what an enemy can see and to make lag of 3d cone calculation on slower machines more bearable
- Durability of clothing or items worn is only reduced when they actually prevented damage
- Armor is reduced only by 10% for each time it can fully prevent its protection value (e.g. if armor can potentially prevent 30 damage and only prevents 15 damage since it is hit in an already existing weak spot its durability is only reduced by 5%)
- Stamina is not reduced anymore when the whole map belongs to the player (all enemies are killed)
- Bobby Ray‘s Inventory only restocks after 3 days
- Bobby Ray’s express delivery now takes 24 hours, standard delivery takes 48 hours
- Laserpointer attachments reduce time to aim
- When a merc is hit while aiming the time to aim is reduced in relation to the damage received
- Targeting has several points of origin to become more flexible, further reduced chance of a small objects preventing a shot
- Picking improved, should be easier to select body zones when targeting
- Militia is always on the map even if the map still belongs to the enemy and can be recruited directly after liberating a map
- Reloading always reduces the smallest stack of ammo in the inventory to ensure that inventory space is cleared more quickly
- World Map: Travel speed is reduced when stamina is low
- World Map: Squads are forced to rest when stamina is close to 0 stamina to prevent squads reaching their target location with 0 stamina
- Explosives Skill also influences time for grenades to detonate after being thrown (e.g. a merc with higher explosive skill will “cook” grenades longer before throwing them so they explode more closely to their impact on the ground)
- SHIFT+ RIGHT CLICK on target orders merc to repeat the attack until the target is dead
- Merc names are displayed on mouse over
- Time to shoot is displayed as a countdown on each merc when attacking to make it more transparent that a merc is actually trying to shoot and how long it will take the merc to fire his shot
- Closing the inventory when a merc has been selected who is currently selectable in game will not reset selection to previous merc
- Added „Loot All“ Button in loot UI
- Added “Select Whole Squad” Button to Squad name
- Minimap: Left Click jumps camera to cursor position
- Minimap: Right Click orders selected merc(s) to move to cursor position
- Worldmap: Added „Enter Map“ Button to Squad UI to allow “fast travel” via the world map to be more flexible (e.g. player can also enter a map outside a combat zone)
- Worldmap: Clicking enemy squad displays level of squad members to allow the player to make a more educated guess on wheter or not he should intercept the squad or leave the defense to militia
- Worldmap: Squad UI displays slowdown or resting via status icon
- Sound played after last enemy on map has been killed
- Added translations for new features
- Further improvements to targeting enemy body zones with the cursor
- Fixed bug where wounds would result in mercs not being able to recover stamina anymore
- Fixed some recruitable characters not displaying legs when their pants were removed
- Grenade launcher now launches grenades instead of shooting them in a direct path
- 40mm grenades added to be used by Grenade Launcher
- Color of line drawn to target now indicates ideal distance for shooting target (green = ideal)
- Changed melee base damage to prevent some melee focused mercs from one hitting enemies of level 3 and above
- Fixed bug where tanks could not be hit with rockets fired from rocket launcher
- Fixed unreachable enemy spawn position on map Overland11
- Open or closed state for all doors in Drassen Airport are saved now
- Fixed explosive spot in Alma prison on which wall was not correctly removed on both sided
Posted: 16 Mar 2012 07:37 AM PDT
Posted: 15 Mar 2012 05:38 PM PDT
* Compatibility with Take On Helicopters: Hinds
* Horizontal stabilizers can be configured to move with collective
* SACLOS missile support added (manually guided)
* Retractable Landing Gear System support added
TAKE ON HELICOPTERS 1.05 CHANGELOG
Medium: flight model would become unstable after rapid slow down, and damage the tail rotor
Improved FXAA and SMAA
Better handling of cases when 3D resolution is not 100%
SMAA uses color edge detection method instead of luma edge
soundLandingGear entry added for helicopter configuration
Landing gear actions did not work in external view
Player gunners are no longer told which weapon to select
MP: spawned vehicles would sometimes get doubled weapon magazines
MP: moveIn*** commands would sometimes show full getting in animations and door animations
Landing gear suspension sound effects were played when the gear was retracted
Battery and starter sound effects were sometimes not playing correctly
RenderTarget fov parameter was not read from config
Underwater RenderTarget cameras would show artifacts on the primary RenderTarget
ENGINE (MERGED FROM OA)
 Fixed: Secondary gunner tracks enemies
 Fixed: A possible crash when textures were loading too slow from the disk.
 Fixed: Crash during engine termination from multiplayer game.
 Fixed: Linux server slow startup
M1A2 tank upgraded to full functionality
Takistani AA soldier now has fully functional Igla launcher
Military vehicle radio protocol integrated
Various fixes to all localizations
Initial states for cockpit switches handled better when starting in the air
Cockpit lever for retractable Landing Gear System implemented
Posted: 15 Mar 2012 04:27 PM PDT
- Added Shadow Demon!
- Updated Dota 2 to 6.74 parity (Tournament mode will be updated to this next week)
- Fixed Dust of Appearance not affecting magic immune heroes.
- Added support for Shared Unit Control.
- Added support for Disable Help.
- Fixed illusion kill crediting.
- Bane: Fixed Nightmare being able to affect magic immune units.
- Bounty Hunter: Fixed Jinada proccing on friendly units and towers.
- Broodmother: Fixed Insatiable Hunger not being purgable.
- Broodmother: Fixed Incapacitating Bite missing a little bit of bonus damage (2/4/6/8)
- Pudge: Fixed being unable to hook Nightmared targets.
- Silencer: Fixed not gaining int with Last Word when a hero dies to Tornado.
- Warlock: Fixed being unable to force staff your Golem.
- Fixed Dark Troll Warlord’s ensanre not revealing invisible units that are trapped in it.
- Fixed a case where using a courier to "Grab All" from the stash would fail to move all items.
- Added copy + paste support.
- Fixed Flying Courier recipe not having a small stock cooldown (to prevent accidental multiple buys)
- Item Auras now show buff icon on the carrier (Basilius, Aquila).
- Fixed a case where an order to sell an item arrived soon after the item was used in a combine and resulted in the item being sold as well as combined.
- Fixed escape not closing in-game chat like it used to.
- Matchmaking, Coop and lobbies without bots now get server priority over single player bot lobbies.
- Fixed bug with copying text from another app into Dota 2.
- Fixed minimap to no longer display explored/unexplored.
- Fixed various sounds ignoring FoW.
- Fixed sound not muting when Dota 2 loses focus.
- Adjusted Venomancer injured animation.
- Added gold on treasure chest.
- Added a difficulty level setting for coop bot matchmaking
- Made bots increasingly bad at last-hitting as you lower difficulty level.
- Fixed bug where bots wouldn’t command non-illusion minions (ie. Necro guys).
- Bots that take damage from a nearby invisible hero (Radiance, Ion Shell) will now detect the hero as being nearby.
- Bots now have a moderate aversion to Radiance damage.
- Bots will now pick up Aegis/Cheese/Rapier even if human allies are nearby, after 3 seconds of the human not picking it up.
- Significantly increased the avoidance of the enemy fountain, should help to prevent fountain-diving.
- On Easy, bots won’t focus on breaking channels with stuns.
- On Easy, bots won’t try to dodge projectiles.
- On Easy, the bots will never push with more than 3 heroes.
- On Medium, the bots will never push with more than 4 heroes.
- Bots will no longer try to stun to break Windrunner chanelling Power Shot.
- Bots now know to try to avoid EMP, Dark Seer’s wall, and Chronosphere.
- Added a bit of randomness to the Team Roam group-up location so they don’t bunch up as much.
- Fixed bug that was causing bots to not consider invulnerable towers as potential TP targets.
- Adjusted how we calculate "too dangerous to TP into", so bots should be less suicidal when TPing in to defend.
- When bots really would like to defend a tower but are lacking the ability to TP there, we greatly increase the "consider going to the side shop to buy a TP" distance.
- Fixed bug where bots would path to the wrong location when farming a neutral camp.
Posted: 15 Mar 2012 04:01 PM PDT
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Fixed IP bans not applying to RCON access
Team Fortress 2
- Added The Cozy Camper
- Added a new TF2 sub-forum: Competitive Team Play and League discussion
- Fixed Solider buffs and rage meters not always being reset
- Updated The Black Rose so it can be gift wrapped
- Updated The Phlogistinator:
- Fixed a bug where Mmmph-crit flames could cause Mmmph to build fast enough to allow it to be infinitely chained
- Direct damage reduced by 10%. Afterburn damage is unchanged
- Crit buff time lowered from 12 seconds to 10 seconds
- Updated arena_nucleus
- Fixed z-fighting bug on lower platform
- Community Requests
- Added player_carryobject and player_dropobject game events
Posted: 15 Mar 2012 04:00 PM PDT
Yesterday is a thrilling and dark mystery from the masters of adventure, Pendulo Studios.
In New York City, beggars are disappearing one after another, only to be found burnt alive. Meanwhile, a Y-shaped scar forms in the palm of the hands of seemingly unrelated people. With the police and the media giving little attention to these events, Henry White, a young and rich heir dedicated to a charitable organization, and his friend Cooper, are the first to investigate these disappearances.