Steam Updates and Releases 22 May 2012
Posted by GDN News, May 23, 2012 03:40
An update to Counter-Strike: Source has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Counter-Strike: Source. The major changes include:
Fixed a client crash related to dynamic model loading
Fixed dedicated server not receiving restart requests when updates are released
Fixed IP bans not applying to RCON access
Fixed server crash exploit related to audio buffer overruns
Fixed server crash caused by using changelevel2
Updated console logging system to minimize opening and closing of files, greatly improving performance under certain conditions
Additional improvements for client/server stability
Fixed a problem that allowed malicious clients to disable the "ping" and "status" commands for other connected clients
Fatal engine errors are now written to the server log file
Added sv_lowedict_threshold and sv_lowedict_action which allow the engine to take action before running out of free edicts
- Possible values for sv_lowedict_action are: 0 - no action, 1 - warn to log file, 2 - attempt to restart the game, if applicable, 3 - restart the map, 4 - go to the next map in the map cycle
Added changelevel_next server command which changes to the next map in the map cycle
Added mp_restartgame_immediate ConVar which has the same effect as mp_restartgame without a delay
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare is Now Available on Steam!
In this brand new standalone experience, Alan Wake fights the herald of darkness, the evil Mr. Scratch! A thrilling new storyline, hordes of creepy enemies, serious firepower and beautiful Arizona locations, combined with a fun and challenging new game mode make this a must for Alan Wake veterans, and the perfect jumping on point for new players!
Today’s Deal: Save 80% off Puzzler World 2!
Look for the deals each day on the front page of Steam.
In celebration of the launch of Thief Gold and Thief II: The Metal Age on Steam, take 50% off all Thief titles during this week’s Midweek Madness!
In Thief Gold, stalk your prey on the quest for stolen goods with your blackjack, sword, and an assortment of unique arrows. Steal for money and uncover the hidden agendas of your allies and enemies as you play through an unravelling story of deception and revenge. Survive in a world where shadows are your only ally, trust is not an option, and confrontation results in death!
In Thief II: The Metal Age, tread softly as you make your way through 15 new complex, non-linear levels full of loot to steal and guards to outsmart. Improved enemy AI, new gadgets and a riveting story will draw you into this world, a place of powerful new technologies, fanatical religions and corruption.
Offer ends Thursday at 4PM Pacific Time
The Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack, adds four Penthouse Pets to your gang, which you can call into combat anytime to do battle against the Syndicate.
Save up to 60% on Dead Island and Dead Island DLC during this week’s Midweek Madness!
Set in an open world tropical island, hordes of different festering zombies await players around every corner while they embark on a variety of thrilling missions through the holiday resort. With firearms and ammunition being scarce the player must rely on utilizing found items as weapons for self-defense and fight off zombie hordes in intense melee combat. A diverse range of items can be collected and will later serve to transform the players ordinary makeshift weapons into serious instruments of destruction.
What’s new in version 1.153:
Troop AI for choosing weapon for different situations has been updated.
Ranged troop AI not being able to choose a target under certain circumstances bug has been fixed.
New operations for modders.
Some fixes and operation enhancements for modders.
Town economies are now more balanced.
Several other bug fixes.
Two new multiplayer maps have been added: Canyon and Desert Town.
HTTP communication has been rewritten due to connection issues reported by players.
The Conjuror’s Tricks, new content for Defenders of Ardania, is now available on Steam!
The Conjurers Tricks provides a new collection of units, towers and spells that can be used to conquer your opponents. Use new tactics and strategies to outwit the enemies. This collection comes with one new unit, tower and spell for each race.
Additionally, grab the Defenders of Ardania Collection, featuring all released Defenders of Ardania content, before May 29th at 10am Pacific Time and receive 25% off the regular price!
Port Royale 3 Version 1.1.3 - 22 May 2012
Fixed an issue with time freezing in some rare circumstances (affected savegames should resume the game normally)
No reputation loss for player patrol convoys attacking military convoys
Fixed a rare crash occuring in the chronicle display (F1)
Pirate hideouts are now revealed by following and observing their convoys
Reduced the amount of spoken advisor messages - new messages are triggered for new events in the log (F2) only
Increased the reward for plundering towns
Fixed an issue with trade route balance displa
• Updated weapons based on performance metrics:
Slightly increased the damage for the fiveseven to keep it on par with other pistols.
Lowered the max width of the recoil patterns for the MG’s to make them better for their price point.
Lowered the spread on the Negev to be more in line with the m249.
• Improvements have been made to burst fire and tapping.
• Added player spawns to all maps to support up to 30 players.
• Player spawns are now randomly selected from a prioritized list of spawn locations in order to better support more players per map.
• Adjusted bot behavior to fix the antline looking behavior.
• Added support for server operators to specify tick rate with the tickrate parameter.
• Physics simulation tick rate now set to be the same as the game tick interval.
• Bullet tracers have had improvements made to speed, visual effect, and frequency.
• Chickens added to Inferno
• The Server Browser sorts Favorites and Lan tabs by ping rather than Tags.
• The radar will no longer display an X for dying players when they are not within sight of the player or players teammate.
• Weapons with a burst mode will now show which state the gun is in on the ammo panel.
• Input device is now locked to whatever device launched the game session.
• Updated the Kevlar and Kevlar + Helmet buy menu images.
• Updated the Domination icons.
• Footsteps update position more often by shifting position determination to client side entity tracking.
• Tuned ambient sounds in most maps
• Fixed a bug with individual pistol round-based achievements. They can only be earned in Classic game mode now.
• Fix for changing video settings while in game sometimes causing a deadlock.
• Added a popup message triggered when a player attempts to initiate a vote on a server with voting disable.
• Fixed bug where player’s nav area would be reported as being on the floor below them causing the radar location to be displayed incorrectly.
• Fixed several UI related crash issues.
• Third party map and _SE map names no longer display in the scoreboard with the #SFUI_MAP_ localization token.
Rating: 0.0, votes: 0